Friday, November 29, 2013

Green tea hokkaido chiffon cupcakes

This is my third time making chiffon cupcakes this week. Hahahaaa.. I get this kind of craze. When I'm into making something, I make them day in day out making sure I get them done perfectly. I made some really good pandan chiffon cupcakes using homegrown pandan leaves, but there's only one drawback to the recipe, the top part of the chiffon is ugly. It sank upon cooling. And I've heard from a friend who baked her Hokkaido cupcake using the 'tang mien' method and it is super soft and it doesn't sink. I'm not too sure if it will be any softer than my pandan chiffon recipe (cos I thought that's the best, anything softer than that would be tooo moist), but 'it doesn't sink??' let's find out then. I tried out this recipe by Catherine.

Other than the 'tang mien' method, I also did two other methods which some facebookers from a baking FB group claimed that will help to prevent the cupcakes from sinking, i.e.
  • let the cupcakes sleep on their sides once out of the oven (see photo)
  • baked them with these temperatures for these durations (which doesn't worked very well for my small toaster oven, it was kinda too long which may burn the top and bottom)
100deg C for 10min
130deg C for 20min (I cut to 15min)
150deg C for 15min (1 cut to 10min)
160deg C for 5min (I didn't do this)
 
The sleeping beauties

Wow!! Seriously, it doesn't sink!!



 
 
As you can see from the photos, the cupcakes never sank. Hahaaa.. I should be glad, shouldn't I? But the problem now, is that I don't know which one of the three method helped to prevent it from sinking. Arghhh!!
 
But softness wise, this is okay, I still prefer my pandan version. It was much more fragrant and was equally soft, if not softer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...