Thursday, November 28, 2013

Crepe for breakfast

I was watching a Singapore-made cooking show on AFC last night and the host was making crepe, I was waiting till the end of the show for the host to repeat the ingredients and amount used so that I can quickly prepare for tomorrow's breakfast (I started watching it halfway and that the host did mention that the batter should be prepared in advance, and I was waiting for my bread to proof that time, so might as well prepare it). But the host never did repeat the recipe. In the end, I went to bed without preparing in advanced.
 
The next morning, I woke up when my little one was still sound asleep. Great! I quickly ran downstair, checked with Mr. Google for a recipe on crepe and I opted for my fav chef's Martha's simple crepe recipe and tada!! made them! It was quite a simple one and something different for our breakfast. The little one has gotten quite bored of his breakfast oatmeal lately, so I have to make something more than just steamed oatmeal with fruits.
 
The little one has his with banana, while I have mine with grated cheddar, roasted sweet potato and mushroom. I also prepared the savory feeling for my hubby's brunch, but he told me that he found it weird eating crepe/pancake with a savory feeling. I guess I'm one of those odd few who finds it okay to have savory filling for crepe/pancake. Or are you one of them too?
 





 
 
 
Recipe by Martha Stewart
I halved her recipe to yield two pieces of crepe (I guess the quantity will depend on your pan size)
 
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • pinch of salt
  • no sugar added
  • 2tbsp butter
1. Beat together flour, milk, egg, salt, making sure there are no lumps (I sieved the batter).
2. Leave aside for at least half an hour so that the flour will absorb all the liquid.
3. Heat up a non-stick frying pan. Melt butter. Add  batter to completely cover pan. Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown. Flip over to the other side and cook till golden brown.
4. Serve with your desired choice of filling.
 
When I made these, I thought to myself, 'I think I can make crepe cakes. It shouldn't be difficult making 30 pieces of these crepes and assemble them as cake, right?' Then I thought, '... why would I wanna eat 30 pieces of these crepes with cream??...'....'hm... I doubt I'll make crepe cakes...' 'I will just stick to my crepe as breakfast' ...
 
 
Check out my other crepe flavors and fillings:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...