Thursday, June 19, 2014

Orgran vanilla cupcake (Gluten free)


 
 
This is another beautiful gluten free and wheat free product by Orgran. I have tried out their apple and cinnamon pancake last week. I was very impressed by the turnout. For this vanilla cake mix, instead of baking it as a 8-inch cake, I baked them as cupcakes. Again, they are very easy to prepare, it only required butter (or oil), water and egg. For vegan, you can opt out the egg. The batter was quite runny compared to the other cupcake batter I have made, but they turned out soft and fluffy. The texture was still good, and the flavor was better the next day, when eaten cold.
 
One pack makes about 10-12 cupcakes, you may also add in raisins, chopped cranberries or chopped fig into your cupcakes. I had about a teaspoon of peanut butter added into each of the cupcake. I filled the cupcake to about 75% full and they raised till the brim upon baking.
 
Ingredients (as per packaging)
  • 165ml water
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 60g butter (at room temperature) or 2tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 pack of Orgran vanilla cake mix
Instructions as per packaging:
  1. Add contents of Orgran vanilla cake mix to 165ml water, 2 eggs (lightly beaten) and butter.
  2. With electric mixer (I didn't use an electric mixer, I just used a folk), mix on low speed till evenly combined.
  3. Pour batter into cupcake liner.
  4. Bake in preheated oven at 170degC for about 20-25min or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...