Thursday, June 12, 2014

Homemade garlic bread

It's really nice I finally get to prepare just the one breakfast and it gets to be shared among all of us, including the lil' fella now at 19month old (I used to prepare two or three types of breakfast cos the lil' fella cant eat adult's food yet). This morning, I prepared this, made myself a great cuppa and we sat down near the tele allowing me to catch up on the AOD drama playback.
 
These days, I still have flash backs of those times when he was still little, I barely get time for getting myself ready, let alone eating breakfast. The whole morning was spent holding him, soothing him, getting him ready to go to the nanny's etc... I still get phobia thinking of those time. That's why nowadays I appreciate it very much that I get to enjoy my breakfast with him while having a short while of fun prior to leaving the house.
 
This is a very easy to prepare garlic bread recipe. You can use any bread or bun you have at home, it can be a day or two days old bun. Once oven-baked, it will turn soft again. The bun I used was the rye bun recipe shared here. I added in black sesame seeds (about 2tbsp) into the dough while kneading, and instead of walnuts, I used dried black apricot.

Slice the bun to about 1cm or 1.5cm thickness, brush the garlic butter (for recipe, see below) on each sides of the slices. Then assemble the slices back to its original form. Wrap with aluminium foil or parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180deg C, bake for about 10min. Enjoy! If there are remaining garlic spread after spread on the bread slices, brush the balance spread on top of bun.




Recipe (garlic butter spread enough for 1 bun)
  • 1 small clove of garlic, minced with pinch of salt*
  • Pinch of salt and cracked black pepper
  • 1tbsp butter, melted
  • 1tbsp olive oil
*Mince the garlic with a pinch of salt, this way, it gets minced and turns into a paste easier and faster.


I'm linking this post to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Jozelyn Ng of Spice Up My Kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. This garlic bread is simple delicious, thanks for your link up with LTU!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...