Friday, June 13, 2014

Apple and cinnamon pancake (Gluten free)

Pancakes and I don't  go along. I have failed many pancakes. I have had batter that sticked to the pan or pancakes that tear apart when flipped. There was once I had to bake the pancake in a cupcake liner cos I was sick of trying it on my pan. Needless to say, it didn't turn out good.
 
I'm trying to make pancakes again! And this time I'm using a gluten free apple and cinnamon pancake mix by Orgran. I don't have good feeling about it as it is not only gluten free, it's also free from wheat, dairy, egg, yeast, soy, nut and no added cane sugar. This pancake mix is perfect for babies under one! But for adults, I was doubtful. Guess what? I was wrong! They turned out good! They were fluffy with good bites. The sweetness (from fruit sugar and from the real apple chunks in it) was just right. Love the cinnamon in it. Best of all, I made some beautiful pancakes with it!! My first beautiful pancakes that deserved to be photographed!!
 
Both the lil' fella and I enjoyed the pancake for breakfast this morning drizzled with honey, served with banana and orange yogurt (which was basically just chopped up banana and orange segments with plain greek yogurt).
 
This is a very easy and convenient pancake mix. You don't even need to add in egg if you don't want to (that's why I mentioned this pancake mix is perfect as snacks for babies under one). All you need is just water or milk, and a frying pan.
 
 




Instructions as per the packaging:
  1. Pour contents into a bowl and add 400ml of water or milk and 2 eggs, lightly beaten (for egg-free version, add 450ml of water or milk instead), stir all ingredients into a smooth batter.
  2. Heat up fry pan. Place in about 1tbsp of oil (I used grapeseed oil).
  3. Pour about 1 heaped tablespoon of batter into fry pan and cook over low-medium heat. When the edge of the pancake appears cooked and bubbles are visually seen, turn over and cook the other side until golden brown.
Serving suggestions:
Serve with fruit yogurt, honey, or ice cream.

I had left over and stored them in the fridge. In the afternoon, I wrapped them up in foil and reheated in a preheated oven for about 5min and they were still good.

Orgran Gluten Free Apple and Cinnamon Pancake Mix is now available for sale at Just Health. For info, please call 089 210 620 or email justhealthsandakan@gmail.com

Disclaimer: Product provided. No compensation received. The honest opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...