Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fried beehoon with pumpkin and fish

I never would have done this if I haven't come across it here. I never know I can fry beehoon with pumpkin, haha. I'm not that creative with Chinese dishes. So, I'm constantly checking out what Chinese dishes I can make for my lil' fella. It's great now that the lil' fella is eating more adult-like food, cos I can make them for him and the rest of the family too. For this fried beehoon, I prepared a portion for his packed-lunch at the nanny's, and then I further seasoned it with more seasoning for our likings. Hahaa... he's still taking his food sans salt (ie lightly seasoned).
 
 
 

This is my son's bento box this morning (at 17th mo). I am not a bento mom. I don't do it. I don't like too much mandling of his food (man-handling). And I've always packed his food in his thermal jar so that it's still warm-ish when he eats it at lunch time (don't think it's possible to do a pretty shot when the food is packed in thermal jar). Even for this, I had to remove it from the red container and place it back in his thermal. I don't feel good letting him eats his beehoon cold. The white blob on the right is a soft soy mantou I made the night before, and the cupcake is a super healthy egg-free banana cupcake I made the same morning.
 
Recipe for fried beehoon with pumpkin and fish
  • 200g red beetroot vermicelli, soaked for at least 3-4hrs in water
  • half an onion, thinly sliced
  • 80g pumpkin, thinly sliced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 bunch of spring onion, sectioned
  • 1 fish fillet, sliced and marinated with liquid amino, toasted sesame oil, white pepper powder
  • 1 ham, sliced
Seasoning, adjust according to own preference
  • Liquid amino
  • Miso paste
  • White pepper powder
  1. Heat up 2tbsp oil in a heated wok.
  2. Fry garlic and sliced onion till fragrant. Stir in pumpkin, fry for 1-2min.
  3. Add in soaked vermicelli. Continue to stir, pour in required amount of water to soften the vermicelli.
  4. Season accordingly. Just before dishing up, stir in sectioned spring onion.
  5. In another wok, heat up 1-2tbsp oil. Cook sliced fish fillet, add in sliced ham. Add to the cooked vermicelli.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...