Friday, November 21, 2014

Buttery cornflake cookies



It's my son's second day at preschool today. Tell me if you're like me. I have a feeling I'm the one more excited than him. I wake up early to prepare two special treats for him to bring to preschool. Well, not that he's not excited. He loves being in school. Everytime asked, he told me, school is fun! (oh well, I shall keep track and we'll see how long he'll think school is actually fun!). After he got home from his preschool, he has been singing all day long! I asked him, do you wanna go to school tomorrow? He said YES! So I guess it's only fair to say we are both equally excited about him going to school. 

Yesterday, I prepared him pasta with minced chicken in creamy pumpkin sauce, and a pot of yogurt. Food like that may be messy, and I do wonder what the other parents prep for their kids. Anyways, I shall make something that's easier and less messy to eat today, ie buttery cornflake cookies (a recipe shared by a mommy from Healthy Food for My Baby facebook group) and banana muffin with chocolate chips and cinnamon streusel, recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction's blog. Both are delicious and very moorish!! When the cookies were just done, I have been munching on them, and I shouldn't cos they would give me sore throat but they are too delicious!! (Note: They are a little soft and chewy when fresh out of the oven, after about 15 to 20min when cooled down, they will turn crispy). For the muffin's recipe, please refer here

Here's the recipe for the buttery cornflake cookies, recipe shared by Yvonne Woi from Healthy Food for My Baby facebook group. 

This recipe yielded about 30 cookies

  • 125g unsalted butter, chopped and softened to room temperature
  • 60g brown sugar 
  • 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence 
  • 1 1/4 cup self raising flour (or replaced with all purpose flour plus 2tsp baking powder) 
  • 1tbsp milk
  • 1 1/2 cup cornflakes, lightly crushed 
  • 1/2 cup craisins/ raisins/ chocolate chips (I omitted these)


  1. Preheat oven to 175deg C. 
  2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Sift in flour. Add in milk and combine the dough. 
  3. Add in crushed cornflakes. 
  4. Line baking tray with parchment paper. Scoop the dough using a teaspoon, roll into balls, flatten very lightly with folk or finger (just very lightly, in face, if you want your cookies to be thick-ish, you wont even need to flatten it). 
  5. Bake for about 15min or until cookies turn golden brown. 
  6. Leave to cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...