Friday, November 14, 2014

Super moist and healthy carrot cupcakes

I haven't made carrot cake for the longest time ever. Maybe I just dreaded the process of grating carrots, or perhaps the process of cleaning the grater. In actual fact, neither the process are cumbersome at all. Okay, I dunno why. I should bake more of this, cos this is so healthy, with such little amount of oil (and I used virgin coconut oil), yet they turned out super moist and yummy. The taste or texture of carrot are seriously not noticeable. I prepared them for the lil' fella's take out breakfast box, fingers crossed the nanny will tell me he loves the cupcakes. Oh ya, the nanny is bringing him out for breakfast with her friends, so I made a take-out-breakfast-box for him, consisting of his favorite food, ie plain yogurt with freshly chopped mango, some cheese crackers and this carrot cupcake. He held the container tightly with him when we were on our way to our nanny's place. Bless him! Oh, I forgot to mention, with the amount of sugar I have used in this recipe, it wasn't too sweet, just right for my liking. Try it! You'll be in love with them! 




Here's the recipe, which I have modified, adapted from Little Miss Kimberly Ann.
It made about 7-8 medium size cupcakes

Ingredients

  • 1.5 cup of all purpose flour, sifted (or 1 cup of all purpose flour; half cup of wheat flour) 
  • 2tsp baking powder (I have ommitted the baking soda from the ori recipe, and replaced with baking powder) 
  • 1tsp cinnamon powder 
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar 
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten 
  • 2tbsp oil (I used virgin coconut oil) 
  • 1tbsp apple puree (I used a tablespoon of blueberry jam) 
  • 1/2 cup fresh milk
  • 1 banana, ripe, mashed 
  • 1.5cup grated carrots
  • 1/2 cup grated Cheddar 
  • 2tbsp sunflower seeds, as topping (optional)
Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 175degC. 
  2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. 
  3. Add the wet ingredients and stir until combined thoroughly, but do not over mix. 
  4. Pour batter into cupcake liner, filling about 3/4 full. 
  5. Bake for about 20min, or until an inserted skewer or toothpick comes out clean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...