Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mulberry and chia smoothie



Mulberries are very nutritious and is famously known as a superfood due to its high antioxidant content. The moment my organic fruit supplier passed me some of these little gems, I immediately whatsapped a few of my close mommy-friends to inform them of this. These beautiful fruits will definitely do lots of wonder to the health of their little ones. 

Mulberries tastes sour-ish on their own. So I have been having them combined with other sweet fruits (like this), I have baked buns with them, for recipe, refer here, and I have also turned it into a beautiful looking smoothie for my lil' fella who loved it! 

Other than its high antioxidant content, mulberries contain alkaloids that activate macrophages, which then stimulate the immune system, putting it on high active alert against health threats. They are great sources of protein, vitamin C, K, fiber and iron. So hurry up, chuck in some mulberries in whatever you're baking or eating today. 


Here's the recipe for this beautiful and nutritious mulberry and chia smoothie: 
  • 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds soaked in 1/2 cup milk for 5min (for a toddler I used full fat fresh milk) 
  • 1/2 tablespoon honey or Rin Enzyme 
  • 8 fresh organic mulberries 
  • 3 tablespoon plain yogurt 
Instructions: Using a blender or food processor*, blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.

*I have been using this baby bullet for all sorts of my toddler's food and drink/ smoothie for about a year. I love it because it is small and convenient especially in terms of cleaning. 

Baby bullet is available from 9months maternity in Kota Kinabalu. They are available at 
  • Suria Sabah 088 487 966 
  • City Mall 088 486 966 
Alternatively if you're in KL/ Selangor, try drop by Happikiddo.  They sell everything you possibly need. Both the owners are parents, they work hard to bring in some premium quality products into the store, with an attractive selection of healthy food and snacks, toys, baby- and kids-safe products suitable for every parent or parent-to-be. 






Superfood smoothie for the super hero boy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...