Wednesday, March 19, 2014

食为奴咸鱼包 (Salted fish bun)

I didn't watch this drama食为奴. But the 咸鱼包 Salted fish bun was all over the blogosphere and facebook. I checked out the recipe, it didn't seem difficult to make and it would be quite an appetizing one with the incorporation of salted fish in it. So I made it for breakfast this morning. Just like what it says in the drama (apparently, anyway), it has to be consumed right away, leaving it long before consumption will make it tough and dry. Therefore, if you're gonna make this and won't be finishing all, just dry-fry however much you wanna eat and leave the rest in the fridge.
 
I managed to divide the dough into 13 pieces, each weigh about 35-40g, but somehow I only had filling for 11 buns, so I wrapped two with pumpkin puree, and those were for my little fella.


 

Pumpkin dry-fried bun for my little fella 我儿子的金瓜干煎包
 
Dough
  • 300g all purpose flour
  • 150g boiling water
  • 60g cold water
Pour boiling water into flour. Combine all. Add in cold water and knead into dough. Rest for 30min in fridge.

Filling
  • 300g minced pork
  • 50g salted fish, pan-fried to release the aroma
  • 1tbsp chopped ginger
  • 3tbsp chopped scallion
  • 1tbsp chopped onion
seasoned with
  • 3tsp soy sauce (I used liquid amino)
  • 3tbsp sesame oil
  • black pepper poweder
  • 1tbsp brown sugar
  • 2tbsp xiaoshing wine (I used 1tbsp cognac)
  1. Divide rested dough into 35-40g pieces. Roll dough into thin round disk with rolling pin. Place about a tbsp. of filling and seal the bun.
  2. Pour about 2tbsp cooking oil into wok. Place the salted fish bun in the wok. Adjust the heat to medium heat. Add in 1tbsp water, pan fry both side till golden (till water is all dried up).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...