Thursday, March 27, 2014

Cheese baked rice w/ fish

I get crazy when comes to stuffs I like to do. I love baking. I love cooking, especially for someone who appreciates the food I make, ie my little fella. The little fella spends his day time at the nanny's, ie during my work hours.  After 5pm, I fetch him home and we have about 1 hour plus to spare before we go over to my in-law's for dinner. Even though it's just a short 1 hour plus, I made some purple sweet potato hee pan (or kikaku) with fresh purple sweet potato puree and soymilk, you gotta check out this recipe that I innovatively made up last minute, cos I was running out of everything in my kitchen, yet still determined to make them, and I've also made cheese baked rice with fish for the little fella's dinner. All this while I thank God that I'm blessed with a little boy who doesn't mind waiting for me while I 'passionately' prepare his food. He would sit still for at least 20 to 30minutes when given something he enjoys eating or playing with before he starts wondering the house looking for new 'toys'. Oh, he's now 17month old.
 
 
 
 

This cheese-baked-rice was quite easy to prepare, most of the stuffs were readily prepared in advanced, when it was near dinner time, I just had to assemble all and baked in the oven for about 20-30min, which was a perfect recipe for me, cos I had spare time to assemble all while waiting for the hee pan to proof.

Homemade tomato sauce (can be prepared in bigger portion and kept frozen):
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 6 cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 sweet potato, purple (or replaceable with pumpkin)
Steam all till sweet potato turns soft. Puree all, together with the water that gets generated from steaming. If sauce is too thick, add a little water to thin it down.

For the cheese-baked-rice
  • 1 piece of white fish fillet, about 50g
  • 2 florets of broccoli
  • 1/2 cup of cooked rice
  • 3tbsp of homemade tomato sauce (see above for recipe and instruction)
  • 2tbsp grated Cheddar cheese


To assemble:

  1. Preheat oven to 180deg C.
  2. Place cooked rice in a ceramic dish. Top with chopped broccoli.
  3. Cut fish fillet into little piece and arrange on top of broccoli.
  4. Flood with homemade tomato sauce.
  5. Top with generous amount of grated Cheddar.
  6. Bake for 20min till cheese turns golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...