I have always been doubtful of the texture and taste of the homemade meat floss we make using my trusty Donlim breadmaker. That's the reason why I have never attempted any of those recipes for meat floss. The other reason is also because we don't usually eat meat floss at home. Recently I have been very adventurous with my trusty Donlim breadmaker. I've baked chiffon cake with it, the cake turned out to be beautifully soft and delicious. So I thought it's time I try this out and share the recipe with my friends and clients.
The breadmaker meat floss I just attempted was good! It is so easy, just dump everything in and press the mode for meat floss and the breadmaker would do its work and in 1hour 10min, hola!, the floss is done! It's exactly like the commercial meat floss we buy from outside. I have seasoned it quite 'well' so the flavor is good. But in future, I may need to cut the salt and mushroom seasoning cos it is kinda salty, but again, it may be just right, if taken with porridge or rice.
The cooked chicken breast that I used was the remnants used for boiling soup.
|Don't you think it looks like those bought from store?|
- 250g cooked chicken breast, shredded with hand 煮熟的鸡胸肉， 拔丝
- 1.5tbsp brown sugar 黄糖
- 1tbsp oyster sauce, vegetarian (made from mushroom) 蚝油（素）蘑菇做的
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oil, organic 有机麻油
- 1.5tsp mushroom seasoning powder 蘑菇调味粉
- 1tsp salt 盐
- 1tbsp dark soy sauce 黑酱油
1. Shred cooked chicken breast and season according to your taste preference.
2. Place shredded and seasoned meat into the breadmaker pan.
3. Select mode no. 15 for meat floss 肉松。