This is adapted from my favorite banana bread recipe. But I have been baking them as cupcakes cos it takes much shorter time especially if I wanted to make something quick but delicious for breakfast. This recipe (2/3th of the original recipe) makes about 5-6 cupcakes, just enough for our breakfast and a couple of extra ones for the little fella to bring over to his nanny's for snacks later on in the day.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients: *2 eggs (at room temp)*50g brown sugar (original was 100g)
*1 ripe banana and 1 sweet orange (chopped into small pieces)
*100g top Flour (or plain flour/superlite flour/cake flour)
*1/2 tsp baking powder (original recipe had baking soda, I omitted it)
*60g grapeseed oil (or virgin coconut oil)
*1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
*1tsp of cinnamon and 2tsp of brown sugar. Combine and sprinkle on top of cupcake batter prior to baking, OR
*Rolled oat, OR
- Preheat oven to 160deg C.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs till creamy stage. Whisk in chopped banana and orange, and brown sugar.
- Fold in flour and mix well with spatula.
- Add in oil and mix well.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liner. Decorate with orange slices or topping (see above).
- Bake for 20min, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.