This is the perfect pasta dish for any mushroom-lovers-little-ones. It is creamy, it is cheesy, no one would resist this. It is bursting with lots of good fats and protein, just the right nutrients a growing toddler needs.
*Cooked wholegrain pasta
*2 cloves garlic, minced
*Half an onion, minced
*Pepper and salt (season accordingly)
*3 fresh brown mushroom, quartered
*3 brown button mushroom from the can, finely chopped
*A bunch of Enoki mushrooms
*A dollop of cream cheese + 1 cup of full cream milk (heated up in microwave to melt the cheese)
*2 tbsp of grated Cheddar (add into heated cream cheese and milk mixture)
*Water to adjust the consistency
1. Heat up 2tbsp of oil in a pan. Stir in minced garlic and onion and fry until fragrant.
2. Stir in all types of mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes.
3. Add in ½ cup water and let simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add in cream cheese and milk mix.
5. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Adjust consistency by adding water, if needed.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. If you prefer a creamy consistency, bring to blend leaving some mushrooms behind so there is still bite to the sauce.