Such a great recipe! Here's a recipe for a not-so-typical dense banana cake. It's soft and fluffy and spring back when pressed down.
Recipe adapted from Wen's delight
*3 eggs (at room temp)
*80-100g molasses sugar (original was 150g)
*3 ripe banana (cut into small pieces or mashed) and one ripe plums (chopped into small pieces)
*150g top Flour (or plain flour/superlite flour/cake flour)
*1/2 tsp baking powder
*1/4 tsp baking soda
*80g grapeseed oil (or virgin coconut oil)
*1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 160deg C. Grease a bread tin.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and soda together. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs till stiff/ ribbon stage. Whisk in eggs, banana and plums and molasses.
- Fold in flour and mix well with spatula.
- Add in oil and mix well.
- Bake for 25min, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.