Friday, January 31, 2014
Carrot and flax wholemeal bun
Starter dough (pre-gelatinized starter dough)
100g bread flour
70g boiling water
Add boiling water into bread flour. Combine, making sure water touches each part of the flour. Store in fridge for at least one hour or up till 24hours before using.
250g bread flour
50g wholemeal bread flour
100g low protein flour
2tbsp carrot powder
2tbsp golden flaxseed
1tbsp instant active yeast
2tbsp molasses sugar
60g vegetable oil (I used grapeseed oil)
1. Prepare bread dough by kneading all ingredients, including the pre-prepared starter dough, together until window pane stage.
2. Proof dough until double in size.
3. When dough has doubled in size, punch it down and divide into 100g portion. Allow to rest for 5-10min before shaping into round bun.
4. Proof for another 45min to an hour until bread dough has at least 1.5x in size.
5. Bake at 170deg C for about 18-25min.