I'm always looking for an easy but GOOD recipes for banana muffins. This time I simply googled for soft and moist banana muffin, and this is what I found, a simple recipe for some awesome banana muffins.
It's super easy. Check out the ingredients. You would probably have over half of the ingredients somewhere in your kitchen now. I don't have enough butter lying in my fridge, so I just replaced the butter with grapeseed oil. I also used half a cup of 10-grain oat flour replacing the white plain flour. But the texture of my muffins still turned out great. I had lots of leftover walnut streusel topping from my previous bake (walnut streusel coffee cupcake), so I use them as a pretty topping for these banana muffins.
- 3 or 4 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (original recipe called for 1 cup, then reduced to 1/2 cup by catcancook)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup melted butter (I used 1/3 cup grapeseed oil)
- 1tsp baking soda (I would replace this with baking powder next bake. I don't like its taste)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1cup all purpose flour + 1/2 cup 10-grain oat flour (or 1.5 cup all purpose flour)
In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Pour into muffin liner. Bake at 165degC for approximately 18-20minutes.