To be more exact, this is a Fettuccine stir fry, cos it was Fettuccine that I used, not spaghetti. This is a quick and easy breakfast cum lunch prepared for the lil' one. The Fettuccine was boiled the day before and stored in the fridge. In the morning, I just soak it in hot water for about 5 min before stir-frying it. I only got little time for a quick and easy recipe this morning, cos I was also making egg tart for our breakfast. See this post for the egg tart's recipe.
Fettuccine or spaghetti are great for stir-fry, and especially if you are like me, keeping it warm in the thermal for the little one's consumption later on, unlike some noodles, fettuccine or spaghetti doesn't get soggy easily. It still maintain its bite even after a few hours sitting in the thermal container. Here's the recipe for this Fettuccine stir fry. Bon Appetit!
- 2 cups of cooked fettuccine (or any pasta of your choice)
- about 200g pumpkin, julienned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 piece of threadfin fillet (thinly sliced) and marinated with Bragg's Liquid Amino, toasted sesame oil and black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup water + seasoning (optional), I added 1/2 tbsp. Bragg's Liquid Amino
- 1 egg, beaten with 1tbsp milk
- Heat up the fry pan with 1tbsp grapeseed oil.
- Pour in beaten egg mix and cook on low-medium heat until one side is cooked. When the upper side is cooked, roll up and remove from fry pan. Thinly slice and set aside.
- Add a little oil to the fry pan and heat up. Stir in minced garlic and onion, followed by pumpkin julienne. Cook until garlic and onion turns soft and fragrant. Add in fish fillet.
- When fish is cooked through, add in cooked fettuccine. Stir fry for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in water and seasoning. Put on the lid and let the noodle simmer for another 3 minutes (this stage is optional. I do this because I want the fettuccine is softer, easier for consumption by my 19mo).
- When the liquid has been absorbed, remove fettuccine stir fry from pan and serve with sliced omelet.
|Hello there! This is my jolly lil' fella, enjoying the Fettucine stir-fry.|