Monday, June 9, 2014

Avocado yogurt with orange

He pronounced 'Oren' when he saw this. I corrected him, it's 'O-RAN-GE'.
 
 
 
This is a snapshot of my little munchkin enjoying his two-course breakfast this morning. He is now 19month old, weighing 9.8kg. I don't feed him huge portion of food, but I make him an assortment of meals, with different texture, taste and color, so that he'll find joy in eating and at the same time, provided with nutrients from different source of food. I don't stock crisps or biscuits or cookies at home. But I always bake and there are plenty of homebaked bread, buns, cakes or muffins readily available if he decides he wants to snack.
 
This morning, I prep him a simple pasta to be brought over to the nanny's for his lunch. There was extra so I also let him have a small portion for breakfast. The sauce was made from just FOUR ingredients, ie garlic, onion, pumpkin and tomato. It's super easy to make, and requires very minimal seasoning to make it tastes super good. All we need was just a tablespoon of grated Cheddar or a dollop of cream cheese. The recipe was shared here. You can adjust the consistency by adjusting the amount of water or milk added when blending it.  
 
I also served him avocado yogurt with fresh oranges. It's a great breakfast or dessert for the adults too. Here's the recipe:
  • 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped into small cubes
  • 3tbsp full fat greek yogurt
  • 1tbsp honey or 1tbsp apple juice
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blitz till smooth. Pour into a bowl. Top with freshly cut orange segments. Chill in refrigerator for about 10min before serving.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...