Friday, November 29, 2013

Cashew nut butter (my healthy nutella)

I've been making crepes for breakfast these days. And because I don't add sugar into my crepes, I gotta have something sweet to go with it. I don't mind something savory with it. But my hubby does. So I am making something sweet for my hubby to have his crepes. I was contemplating a cashew nut or a walnut spread, then I made one combining both.

 
 
This is the best shot I got for my 'nutella' made from roasted cashew nut and walnuts. It's thick and chunky, just the way I like it. It's very moreish due to the creaminess from the nuts.
 
Here's how I did it, you'll need:
 
  • 1 cup of cashew nuts and walnuts (more cashew than walnuts), soaked in water for at least 2 hrs
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • Honey or sugar (to taste)  
  • 2tbsp oil/ butter (I used grapeseed oil) 
1. Soak nuts in water for at least 2 hours.
2. Pan fry without oil or dry roast in oven for about 15-25min until nuts turn golden brown (please don't burn them, they will taste bitter).
3. Blitz in a blender with oil. Add more oil if you want to make it creamy.


After making the nut butter, I had some leftover in the blender which is hard to be scrapped clean. So I added in milk and water to it and made it nut milk, which I kept to make crepes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...