I've been making crepes for breakfast these days. And because I don't add sugar into my crepes, I gotta have something sweet to go with it. I don't mind something savory with it. But my hubby does. So I am making something sweet for my hubby to have his crepes. I was contemplating a cashew nut or a walnut spread, then I made one combining both.
This is the best shot I got for my 'nutella' made from roasted cashew nut and walnuts. It's thick and chunky, just the way I like it. It's very moreish due to the creaminess from the nuts.
Here's how I did it, you'll need:
- 1 cup of cashew nuts and walnuts (more cashew than walnuts), soaked in water for at least 2 hrs
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Honey or sugar (to taste)
- 2tbsp oil/ butter (I used grapeseed oil)
2. Pan fry without oil or dry roast in oven for about 15-25min until nuts turn golden brown (please don't burn them, they will taste bitter).
3. Blitz in a blender with oil. Add more oil if you want to make it creamy.
After making the nut butter, I had some leftover in the blender which is hard to be scrapped clean. So I added in milk and water to it and made it nut milk, which I kept to make crepes.