I love homemade jam cos I know exactly what was added into it and it tastes just like the fruits used to make the jam. My husband's aunty gave us some very sweet pineapples and we couldn't finish eating it, so I decided to turn them into some great jam (in other ways, I lengthen the lifespan of the pineapple by turning them into jam). Homemade jam will last for about 2weeks in the fridge.
|Spinach bun w/ cream cheese and pineapple jam. |
- 300g pineapple, chopped
- 1 sweet orange, peeled, chopped
- 100g brown sugar*
- 1tbsp corn flour**
*You may adjust the amount of sugar used in making your jam. The lesser the amount of sugar used, the shorter the lifespan of your jam.
**The addition of corn flour helps to thicken up the jam, making it looks and tastes like the commercially bought jam.
- Place all ingredients (in the order listed above) in the bread pan.
- Seect mode no. 10 for jam (果酱),the screen will display a pre-set timing of 1hr 20min. Press start (启动).
- At the end of the jam cycle, check the consistency of the jam. If your jam turns out too runny, you may repeat the jam cycle a second time. Stop the cycle when you have achieved the right consistency.
- Store the jam (cooled down) in a sterilized jar. The jam keeps in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.