I made these beautiful morsels for the little fella for dinner. I halved the original recipe yielding only 5 baby quiches. Guess what? The little fella finished 4 of them. Must be yum ya? I paired them up with potato and zucchini soup, topped with chopped avocado.
If you have a baby on gluten free diet, replace the baby corrallini pasta with cooked brown rice or cooked quinoa.
For the recipe of baby quiche, you'll need:
(This recipe makes 5-6 baby quiche)
- 1cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup baby corallini pasta or gluten free option: cooked rice or cooked quinoa
- pinch of salt and black pepper (optional)
1. Sprinkle the shredded zucchini with a pinch of salt, allow to sit for about 5 minutes before squeezing out the excess liquid. After wringing out, place in a large bowl.
2. Add the eggs, onion, garlic, cheese, cooked pasta, salt, and pepper to the shredded zucchini. Stir until evenly combined.
3. Scoop the mixture into the prepared mini muffin tin, filling each well to the top.
4. Bake at 180degC for 18-20 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool slightly before removing to a wire rack to cool. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat at 350ºF for about 8-10 minutes, until heated through.