This is, again, another soft and fluffy loaf that's made and baked in my humble bread machine. I placed all the ingredients in the bread machine. 3 hours later (exact timing was 3:12hour), I came back and the whole house was filled with nice aroma of freshly baked bread, and I get to enjoy a nice cheese sandwich with my freshly baked bread.
This is a baby-friendly bread recipe that's without egg and very little amount of sugar or salt. I've been baking my bread with vegetable oil (grapeseed oil in my case) and the bread has always been very soft and fluffy, just like those sold at the bakery, but without the addition of softeners or improvers.
Here's the recipe for my red bean milk loaf
- 100g bread flour
- 70g boiling water
Pour boiling water over bread flour. Stir to combine. Keep in a container in a refrigerator for at least one hour or up to 12hours.
Main dough (listed according to the order the ingredients are placed in bread machine):
- 100g red bean and black rice, pre-cooked
- 50g fresh milk
- 40g vegetable oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- 1-2tbsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp soy powder / milk powder
- pinch of salt
- 200g bread flour
- 50g all purpose flour
- 1tsp. instant active dry yeast
- Set the bread machine in the normal bread mode (number 1), select crust setting to light, and choose 700g loaf size, and press start (启动）.
- Place all the above ingredients into the loaf pan in the order, as listed above.
- When all the ingredients has combine together, add in the starter dough in small pieces.
- Let the bread machine does it work.
- In 3 hour 12 min, tada!! The loaf is ready!