I did pumpkin cheese sticks for the lil' fella when he was about 8month old, then I stumbled upon this recipe which uses even less ingredients. Even though he's way over 1 year now and he can eat almost anything, but a simple recipe is still what I like. Woke up at 6:30am today and that's consider early, cos he doesn't wake till about 7:15am and I only need 15min to prep his lunch, so I got together some ingredients (and even snapped some photos) to bake these lovely cheese sticks. The original recipe has baking powder in it, I actually forgot to add them and they turned out just as nice, guess it's okay to omit them, especially if you have a baby who's still under 10month old.
This is a great teether or finger snacks for the baby, especially if travelling in a car or in a stroller.
|You'll only need 4 ingredients, flour, butter, cheese and milk.|
You'll only need 4 ingredients for this recipe:
- 1cup all purpose flour (or known as plain flour)
- 2tbsp butter, chopped into little cubes (Do not melt them)
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese plus 1tbsp grated Parmesan (but Parmesan is optional)
- 3-5tbsp fresh milk *the amount of milk added may differ depending on your flour used
And I've used my breadmaker to combine everything and form a dough. (I've been using it to make all sorts of food lately, just made some bagels last night and they turned out fab. It's so dainty I actually bring it to work with me and them carry it home in the evening).
To make the dough in the breadmaker,
- Sift flour into the breadpan. Press mode no. 6 和面 and select timer 时间 to adjust the timing to 8minutes. Add in chopped butter. Let them combine until the mixture resembles breadcrumb.
- Add all cheese. Mix well.
- Drizzle in milk while machine continues to mix. Continue mixing until dough forms.
- On a floured board, roll dough into a flat sheet, about 0.2cm thick (see photo above). Cut into 2cm wide strips.
- Gently twist strips while placing them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 180°C for 10–15 minutes, or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.