Sunday, December 1, 2013

Seaweed omelette with tomato and pasta


 

 




 


 

I dressed the lil' fella in jeans and sneakers today. I'm in awe of how fast baby grows. This time last year, he was still a little baby using only cries to communicate. Now, he can do much more than that, but at the same time, he also gives me more time to spare to prepare sumptuous food for him.
 
He has just turned 13mo yesterday. At 13th month, I'm quite flexi with what he can or cannot eat, and am gradually adding seasoning (like salt or Bragg's liquid amino) into his food.  I also let him eat more than just porridge, especially on weekends. He has pasta, roasted vege, cheese, steamed muffins as snacks, and he had baked frittata for dinner last night. I'm not sure if he appreciates them, but all I know he eats his food. That's what matters.
 
I ran out of meat at home, no fish, no meat. All I have is egg and cheese. I can still make delicious and pretty looking meals out of them.
 
Recipe
  • 1 egg, beaten with about 2-3tbsp fresh milk, seasoned with dried herbs, salt and pepper
  • 1 tbsp. of cut up dried seaweed, unseasoned ones
  • oil to cook
  • 1/2 cup of homemade tomato puree / passata
  • pasta, cooked
  • grated cheddar cheese to serve
  1. Beat the egg with milk and season. Add in seaweed.
  2. Heat up 2tbsp grapeseed oil in a frying pan. Pour in the egg mixture. Cook on one side (abt 2-3min) flip to the other side to cook.
  3. Slice the omelette.
  4. Heat up the homemade tomato puree using the same pan.
  5. Serve the omelette with the tomato puree and cooked pasta, top with grated cheddar cheese.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...