Sunday, December 1, 2013

Baked frittata with potato and seaweed





 
This is a fusion dish, potato, Thai basil, seaweed.. hahahaaa.. don't ask me how I got the idea. I am just making use of whatever I have left in the kitchen. I seriously need a trip to the market soon. There's no more meat/fish or veg in my fridge anymore.
 
 
Recipe:
 
  • 1 egg, beaten with 2-3 tbsp. milk, seasoned with pepper
  • 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 potato, finely cubed
  • few Thai basil leaves
  • 1tbsp dried Japanese seaweed, unseasoned
  • 1tbsp grated cheddar cheese
  1. Heat up 1-2tbsp oil in a frying pan. Stir in red onion and basil leaves. Fry until fragrant.
  2. Stir in potato, fry for about 3-5min or until potatoes and onions are soft.
  3. Transfer the potatoes and onions to a ceramic dish and pour in the egg mixture. Add in grated cheddar cheese.
  4. Bake for about 10-15min or until the egg is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...