We had a baking session today. This baking session was postponed from Christmas day, we were supposed to bake Christmas cookies. Since Christmas was over, so we made changes from cookies to scones, a savory one, cos we just finished eating our chocolate lava cake.
My friend Yiling was browsing through the recipe for easy cheese and onion scones from the internet and we modified and adapted the recipe till it become ours. But a good and easy ones. And I loved our the texture turned out. It's like a cake rather than the dense scone texture. Love this so much, I made them again for breakfast the next morning :)
|Served them as breakfast with baked beans.|
*200g all purpose flour
*1.5tsp baking powder (I used natural baking powder, aluminum free)
*80g cold butter, chopped in little pieces (or grated frozen butter)
*pinch of salt
*80-100g grated cheddar cheese
*half a small onion, finely minced
*pinch of cayenne, or 1/2 tsp of Italian herbs, dried
*100g cold milk
- Preheat the oven to 190deg C (fan-forced).
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add in the cold grated butter.
- Mix in the cold milk. Gently mix in the chopped onions and grated cheddar. (Quite a sticky one)
- Cut into round shape scones (or whatever shape desired), using a round glass. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20min or until golden.