I have been baking this cake two days in a role, cos it is really good!
The first time, I baked this as marbled cake with raisins.
The second day, I baked this as butter cake with banana chunks. I personally preferred this one, as I love all things with banana.
Here's the recipe:
- 120g butter, in room temperature, cut into cubes
- 80g brown sugar
- 2 egg, medium size
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3tbsp fresh milk or yogurt
- 200g self raising flour or all purpose flour
- 1tsp baking powder (2tbsp of baking powder if you're using all purpose flour)
To bake it as marble cake, divide the batter into two. For the brown color batter, add in cocoa powder paste (made with 2tbsp cocoa powder and 2tbsp warm water) and combine thoroughly. Then add into the breadmaker pan, and lightly swirl using a chopstick to create the marbling effect.
For the one with banana chunks, I just add in one chopped banana to the recipe and cut down fresh milk from 3 to 2 tbsp.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with either an electric mixer or a hand beater.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, to the butter-sugar mix.
- Add in salt, fresh milk and sifted flour and baking powder.
- Once combined, scrap batter into breadpan.
- Preheat breadmaker by turning on mode no. 13 for bake. Set the timing to 1:00 hour and press start.
- Once the breadmaker is heated up (in about 5min time), insert the breadpan. The cake will be ready in 55 minutes.