Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Honey banana muffin



I ran out of sugar at home, but I still wanted to bake some muffins for little fella's friends at school. So I searched for a recipe that uses honey instead. These turn out nice and sweet (sweet enough even with just 1/3 cup of honey), they are also nice when steamed (for 12min) instead of being baked. I steamed 3 cos the oven tray couldn't fit more in.

It's lunar new year day 7 today, also known as 人日, translated as 'people's birthday', or 'birthday of men'. So here I am wishing everybody 'Happy Birthday'. 

Here's the recipe I adapted, from Kitchen Treaty

Ingredients (makes about 15-18 small size cupcake) 
  • 2 cups of all purpose flour, sifted 
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon powder 
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
  • 4 medium sized bananas, chopped
  • 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (instead of butter) 
  • 1/3 cup honey 
  • 1 large size egg 
  • 1 cup milk 
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract 


Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 175deg C. 
  2. In a large bowl, sift in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. 
  3. In another bowl, combine oil, honey, egg, chopped bananas. Add the milk and vanilla extract and combine thoroughly. 
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl, with a spatula, mix until just incorporated. I used a hand mixer to mix until just combined. 
  5. Divide batter between muffin liner, until about 2/3 full. 
  6. Bake for 15-18min. 
I'm linking this post to 'Cook and Celebrate CNY 2015' organized by Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids. 


1 comment:

  1. i am a super fan of muffins and this is due to my mother she is super chef for me and bake many different flavors as per demand men skincare products online in pakistan
    vaseline lip balm online in pakistan
    korean skin care products online in pakistan honey banana muffins are best in town as i am a sweet tooth and like more sweet in my bakings:P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...