This is a re-visited recipe. The one I previously did was Zucchini quiche with onion and cheese. You can really do it with any sorts of vegetables you have in the fridge. Another good one would be grated pumpkin or chopped broccoli (I would probably blanch the broccoli prior to putting them in this dish).
The ingredients and steps are easy. Basically I just prep up everything. Put them all on a shallow bowl, combine all evenly and pour into cupcake liner or mini ceramic dishes for a quick bake. It takes about 15-20 minutes in the oven. If you're like me, love to peep into the oven while they are baking, you'll notice that the quiche or frittata will gradually puff up over the duration, at this stage, you know it's almost there. Give it a couple of extra minute to get that golden color coat and they can leave the oven.
Here's the recipe
For the recipe of baby quiche, you'll need:
(This recipe makes 4 baby quiche or frittata in 4 ceramic dishes)
- 1cup grated carrot
- 1egg (large) or 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cooked rice or cooked quinoa
- pinch of salt and black pepper (optional)
1. Combine the egg, minced onion, garlic, grated cheese and carrot cooked rice, salt, and pepper. Stir until evenly combined.
2. Pour evenly onto 4 ceramic dishes *If the mixture appears to be too dry. You may add in another egg, beaten.
3. Bake at 175degC for 18-20 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool slightly before removing to a wire rack to cool. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat at 170ºC for about 8-10 minutes, until heated through.