Sigh.. the amount of fraud calls I get these days are horrendous!! While I was doing my work, I got a call from this number 03 2167 3833, not anyone on my phone contact list, but it was an automated voice message that says, This is AmBank Credit Card centre. We have detected a pending transaction of RM3000 (3thousand something) in your account. Please press 1 to confirm transaction. Press 2 to talk to our customer service or press 9 to repeat.” I didn't doubt it was a fraud call at first, cos our company do have an AmBank account, personally, I don't, so I pressed 2 to talk to a customer service. The moment the customer service person spoke, 'Ah Hahhh!!', I thought, 'Fraud!!' Guess why? He spoke with a Chinese-y accent which is very very rare for Ambank or any call centre. After a few minute, without wanting to waste my time on this fraud call, I just said, it's fine, thank you and hung up the phone. Without further delay, I went onto google and try to find any similar case like this, and of course, as expected, this is a fraud call.
Anyway, back to my quiche.. I made these baby quiches for my boy's breakfast. Don't they look lovely? They are quite easy to prepare.
For the pastry
- 200g plain flour
- 100g butter, chop into little cubes or grated
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 1 beaten egg
- pinch of salt
- Combine flour and butter until the mixture resembles texture of bread crumb.
- Add in baking powder, salt and beaten egg. Combine into a dough.
- Divide the dough to about 4-5 portions. Grease the ramekin dishes.
- Roll the dough to thin round disk and lay in the individual ramekin dish. Keep in fridge for later use.
For the filling
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4-6 medium size brown mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a heated pan, stir fry the garlic and onion with a little oil until the onion turns translucent (about 3-4min). Stir in sliced mushrooms and cook till soft.
- In bowl, combine fresh milk with beaten eggs.
- Divide the garlic and mushroom mix in the ramekin dish lined with pastry. Top up with the egg-milk mix until about 80% full. Top with generous amount of grated Cheddar.
- Preheat the oven to about 175degC. Bake the quiche for about 20-25min until the centre is no more wobbly.