Monday, October 7, 2013

Creamy cream cheese and zucchini pasta

After having inspired by a mommy on the Healthy Food for My Baby network to use cream cheese when cooking for the lil' fella, I'm getting more adventurous with it and decided to use it again for his pasta dinner tonight.
 
Cream cheese is something I have resisted giving to him all this while. But now that he's turning one this month, I'm more fuss-free when comes to the ingredients I use, just like egg (started using egg white and yolk baking for him starting 11month) and fresh milk.  
 
While writing this post, I also surfed for some info on cream cheese and babies. To my surprise, I realized this, cheeses such as Brie, Feta, Camembert, Roquefort, and Bleu Cheese are amongst those called "soft" cheeses.  These cheeses are typically not cultured and in many countries, are not made from pasteurized milk; they are made from raw milk. Cream Cheese is not considered a "soft" cheese that you need to avoid because it is pasateurized.
 
After reading this, I realized I have been fooling myself by avoiding cream cheese for him for the past 5months?!? Oh well, we learn all the time.
 
This is a creamy white sauce pasta and it's relatively easy to prepare. It tastes really cheesy.. cos I also added in grated cheese prior to serving. He loved it!! I knew he enjoyed it cos he was making noise of 'smucking' and 'smooching'  when he ate it. He always does that whenever he's eating something that he finds delicious.
 
 
 

1. Boil mini pasta (I used organic correlini, mini pasta tubes, suitable for babies and toddlers) in water till soft.
2. Finely chop zucchini and a clove of garlic.
3. Heat up 1tbsp of grapeseed oil in a frying pan. Gently stir fry the garlic and zucchini till it turns a little golden brown.
4. Add in 1tbsp of cream cheese and 1-2 oz of milk (formula milk or fresh milk). Season with herbs and pepper.
5. Simmer for 3min. Serve with pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...