|When he saw this, he was so excited about it, he said 'so cute!' (in canto)|
Fried rice is my boy's favorite lunch. Actually, not right, it's MY favorite meal to prep as his lunch. It's easy, incorporating whatever I've got left in the pantry or in the fridge and it is still nice even if not served warm.
Here's a very simple and easy recipe for fried rice for my toddler boy:
This recipe makes two little portion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, roughly minced
- 1/2 small onion, roughly minced
- 1/3 medium sized carrot, chopped into tiny cubes
- Some greens eg beans, kailan, peas etc
- 1/2 chicken breast, cut into small cubes, marinated with pinch of salt, pepper and liquid amino
- 2 bowls of cooked rice (cooled down)
- Seasoning eg salt, pepper powder, liquid amino etc
- Preheat wok with 1-2 tbsp cooking oil, I use a choice of rice bran oil or grapeseed oil.
- Stir in garlic and onion, and fry until aromatic and onion turns translucent.
- Stir in carrot and chicken.
- When chicken is cooked through, stir in cooked rice. Season with your choice of seasoning.
- Ready to serve!
*Sometimes, if there aren't much ingredients or there aren't any meat in the fried rice, I would also add in egg.