I had some really nice organic mulberries available for sale at my shop. I bought some home myself and made lots of nice goodies, including these - mini mulberry scones. I'm really into scones lately. They are so easy to make. I made them again for our breakfast this morning. The good thing about making them in mini size - (1) they take shorter time to bake, about 15min for this size (2) felt less guilty popping two at one go .. LOL!
|Check out how dainty they are|
Here's the recipe, it's actually a recipe that I have used many times, blogged about it a few times too.
- 250g all purpose flour, sifted
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 100g frozen butter, grated
- 1/2 cup raisins and fresh mulberries
- 120ml cream or half half of cream and milk
Glaze - 1 egg, beaten with 1tbsp milk.
- Preheat the oven to 190degC (fan forced).
- Combine the flour, icing sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in the cold grated butter. Mix in the cream. Combine until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Gently mix in the raisins and mulberries.
- Lightly knead a few times. Press into 2-3cm thickness dough. Cut into round shape scones.
- Place on the baking tray and brush with egg glaze.
- Bake for 15min or until golden.