Friday, September 12, 2014

{Foodie Review} My Liberica Coffee (Johor Bahru)

We were in JB earlier on this month. That day was my hubby's birthday. We were supposed to make a day trip to Singapore to check out Gardens by the Bay. Yet, maybe just maybe, we were 'fated' not to go, as we were heading out, my SIL's car tyre got punctured. It wasn't the usual easy stuff to get the tyre out (some complications there .. ) so we just cancelled our Singapore trip and stayed in JB and chilled out. Perhaps that was a blessing in disguise. It was a nice chill-out day for us as we checked out this cafe late afternoon and had our tummy fed well at night at a nice Japanese restaurant. 

We got to know about 'My Liberica Coffee' from the internet. It has gotten quite good review, so far. And we weren't disappointed. The drinks and food did not fail to impress. They didn't have extensive menu, but good enough. The thing I like about their menu, they have a selection of sweet and savory food. Most of the cafe serves mostly sweet food but some of us aren't sweet-tooth. 

Their croissant sandwich was nice. It was just a simple sandwich, but the croissant had that crusty bite which gives it a thumb up. We had an early brunch and was already hungry when we were here, about 2pm ish, so all 4 of us plus my lil' fella shared one croissant sandwich and we ordered a second helping cos we felt it was good. 

If you're a fan of good coffee, you should check it out. It serves a few unique drinks that is worth a try. My sis in law had the iced drip coffee, which I saw them having the coffee dripped through the filter at the coffee bar. Windy had the Aromatic Rose Coffee. It has a layer of rose syrup at the bottom of the glass. Both myself and hubby were the ultra 'safe' type. We just go went for our usuals, I had an earl grey tea and he went for hot chocolate to share with the lil' fella. 

They also serve some beautifully layered crepe cakes. We ordered Earl Grey Crepe Cake. As most of us were not big fans of sweet cakes, we thought it was okay. Not too sweet. 

It had a cosy and lovely ambience. 

Its menu.

Crepe cakes, RM9.90 each

Earl Grey Crepe Cake, RM9.90

Smoked Chicken Croissant Sandwich RM12

Aromatic Rose Coffee RM15

Hot Chocolate RM9

Earl Grey  RM9.90 (heheee.. yes I love my Earl Grey)

Iced Drip Coffee RM12

Check out the cafe. And see who's the happy bunny here? 


Date visited: 31 Aug 2014

My Liberica Coffee
No. 73, Jalan Molek 3/10
Taman Molek
81100 Johor Bahru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...