Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Stir-fried organic pumpkin ramen

Every morning, I felt like I am racing with the ticking clock, to prepare his breakfast snacks (for school) and lunch in an hour and then get myself ready and him ready for school by 8am. I wasn't as disciplined as this prior to this. Before this, if I woke up late, I can just let him eat whatever that the nanny eats. But now that he isn't going to the nanny's anymore, instead he comes home after school, I gotta make sure he has his lunch prepped ahead. 

This morning, I made him stir-fried organic pumpkin ramen. He loves noodles and pastas. He eats rice, but his favorites are noodles and pastas especially when cooked soft. So I love these series of organic ramen. They turn tender, yet still maintain their texture when cooked. 







Here's a simple recipe for the stir-fried pumpkin ramen (serves two to three) I always make extra for my own lunch 

*Organic pumpkin ramen
*Black bean soy sauce (thick) as seasoning 
*2-3 cloves garlic, minced
*Shredded vege like carrot, taugeh, onioin etc 
*1-2 eggs
*Salt
*Meat eg chicken, pork etc

1. Boil noodle in a pot of boiling water until tender.
2. In a wok, heat up 2tbsp grapeseed oil. Stir in garlic and sliced vege. Stir-fry until aromatic.
3. Stir in meat and stir fry till brown and cooked through.
4. Stir in boiled ramen. Season with black bean soy sauce (thick) and salt. Push the fried ramen to side of wok. Break in 1-2 eggs. Gently fry. Combine with ramen and veg.

The other breakfast snacks that I've prepared for him for school was a simple roast sweet potato. They are easy to make and delicious eat. So easy, I forgot about them. Gotta thanks my buddy Fei Tseh for sharing with me what she prepared for her little girl H. I peel the sweet potatoes, cut them into long chunks, place on roasting or baking pan, drizzle with organic grapeseed oil, season with salt. Preheat oven to 180degC and roast for about 15-20min. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...